Thursday, March 28, 2013

G.I. Joe Retaliation



Framed for crimes against the country, the G.I. Joe team is terminated by the President's order, and the surviving team members face off against Zartan, his accomplices, and the world leaders he has under his influence

Holy Shit!! Yes, that’s how I’m starting this review.  First I have to say that the wait was worth it for this film.  Last year Paramount pulled it last minute to add some more Channing Tatum and retrofit it for 3-D.  I have to say this, more Channing Tatum or not, if this film was only pulled to go 3-D, it didn’t need to be, this thing is packed with action and is one hell of a fun ride.  I don’t know if I will ever get on board the 3-D train because I feel it’s too distracting for action movies, and over the shoulder shots just don’t work.  With that said, I saw this in 3-D, damn this is one hell of an upgrade from its predecessor.  You can’t go wrong with guns, military, ninjas, action, Dwayne Johnson, and Bruce Willis.  This is a great ride, filled with non-stop action that Jon M. Chu directed perfectly.  Dwayne is his bad ass self and is tossing people around and using the big guns the way we expect him too.  Bruce is Bruce with his fantastic calm, cocky, and sarcastic way that he has always entertained us.  Adrianne Palicki is going to rise quickly to the top of the IMDB star meter after this weekend and everyone woman who watches this movie will never wear red again.  The toys in this movie have a nice throwback feel to the cartoon, which made me feel young again.  This movie in combination with Olympus Has Fallen is a great start to the action movies.  Not much of a review I understand, but my true action brethren will understand that less is more for this movie and it speaks for itself. 

Enjoy the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment