Friday, August 9, 2013

Planes


Dusty is a crop dusting plane who dreams of competing in a famous aerial race. The problem? He is hopelessly afraid of heights. With the support of his mentor Skipper and a host of new friends, Dusty sets off to make his dreams come true.

Animated movies are a blast and I’m usually first in line to see them, but there is no need to rush out and see this one.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s good movie but if you are expecting something along the lines of Cars, you will be a little upset.  The story is similar to Cars but it’s not able to keep the same pace.  Let’s start from the beginning, with what is a slow start and some jokes that fall short.  Luckily, as the story progresses the pace picks up along with the jokes and becomes a not so bad movie.  With that said I’m speaking from an adult point of view, as I let my inner child come out I had a fun time with all the action and adventure.  From the reactions of the kids around me in the theater it seems that Planes is going to be a success, not as successful as Cars but it’s the lure of Cars that will draw all the kids to this one. 


Enjoy the show.  3 out of 5 crop dusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment