Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Hangover Part III


In the aftermath of the death of Alan's father, the wolf pack decide to take Alan to get treated for his mental issues. But things start to go wrong on the way to the hospital as the wolf pack is assaulted and Doug is kidnapped. Now they must find Mr. Chow again in order to surrender him to the gangster who kidnapped Doug in order to save him.

Fool me once, it’s my fault, fool me twice, well I would say it would be my fault again for believing it would not happen to me again.  Damn It!! No negativity here, and we do our best to enjoy the show and take it as it is.  As we all know from part II director Todd Phillips used the same story with a different setting and what I thought was still an entertaining movie, didn’t live up to the greatness of the first.  That I can handle, rarely does a sequel measure up to its predecessor.  A lot of hype and some great word of mouth made me believe this was a return to the greatness of The Hangover, not so much.  Now don’t get me wrong, it had a few fun spots that I really enjoyed, but if you see the trailer you have pretty much seen the movie.  There was a sense that everyone (the cast) knew this is the end so they showed up and did what they had to do to complete the project.  It was a fun story with some great set up moments that were really leading to something good and then they just suddenly fizzled out.  Whenever the wolf pack would end up in a bad situation they would do something crazy to get out of it and that was a joy to watch.  This movie had great setups but they never expanded on them.  Sad face.

With all of that said, it was still a decent movie that had some great callbacks to the original and got us caught up on what some people are doing now.  We all wanted to know what happened to Carlos and our wish is granted as Alan (Zach Galifianakis) and Tyler A.K.A. Carlos (Grant Holmquist) have a special heart to heart.  Stu (Ed Helms) and Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong) play dogs and Phil (Bradley Cooper) does what he does best, try to save the day.  Honestly, the aftermath scene ¼ of the way through the credits is hilarious and I would like to see a movie about how all of that happened.   If you want to see the end of this trilogy on the big screen I understand and don’t blame you, but if you want to save a few dollars wait for the rental.  But that’s me and the great thing about movies is we all have different feelings towards them.  That’s why we enjoy them.


Enjoy the show.  3 out of 5 Giraffes

No comments:

Post a Comment