Wednesday, November 28, 2012

EXPENDABLES 2

I'm very late with this one, but it is still new to DVD so I thought I would give it a lot of love.  There is no denying that I am an action junkie and have nothing but praise for this movie and the way Sylvester Stallone doesn't take it seriously, and isn't afraid to have some fun.  Total throwback to the 80's action movies when all they did was blow stuff up and shoot people.  That's what we want, and that's why these movies did so well. Sure we like a good Transformers movie with perfect CGI and incredible car, and robot chases, but as a purist, this is a good as it gets.  Don't get me wrong, I'll see anything Michael Bay creates, he is the king of blowing shit up! Nothing beats going to the theater, grabbing some popcorn, a beverage and the middle seat at my local AMC and going on a 90 minute ride of silly one liners, and outrageous action to make me feel tough and immediately start rattling off all the one liners from the movie.  These movies are the whose who of action and to be able to get all of these players in a single movie is nothing but pure pleasure for action lovers.  Stallone has done what we all thought was impossible, and thanks to him and the relationships he has built over time it finally came to fruition.  This is a must see in the theater because you need to experience the sound of big guns, motorcycles, helicopters, explosions, and all the good old fashioned ass kicking the way it's meant to be.  People have complained that it was a stupid movie, not as good as the first, or that it didn't make sense.  What is there to make sense of?  It's a gathering of the all time heavyweight action stars, it doesn't need to make sense or have a good story!! Just sit down, shut up, and enjoy the ass kicking!!  I have heard rumors that Expendables 3 may not be the last one, which would be better than Christmas Day for me if that was true.  My only problem with the third movie is the casting of Nicolas Cage, who will probably end up playing the bad guy, which is perfect.  But please Sylvester tell me you are trying to get Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson involved in number 3, or producers willing, number 4?

Enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment