Friday, January 11, 2013

ARGO


Nominated Movie

A dramatization of the 1980 joint CIA-Canadian secret operation to extract six fugitive American diplomatic personnel out of revolutionary Iran.

So I’m at the place in the road where when I hear Ben Affleck is directing, I know it’s going to be good.  Putting him up there among the ranks of Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg, Steven Soderbergh, and Christopher Nolan.  It goes without debate that the movies these men direct are going to be of the highest quality. 

What I don’t understand is why some people I talk to say they didn’t enjoy Argo because it was predictable.  Wow!! Breaking news to all you geniuses, it’s based on a true story and if you took the time to enjoy some history you would have already know the story and the outcome.  This spells bad news for Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty.  Spoiler Alert!! They capture Bin Laden!!

Fantastic movie and it deserves all the accolades that it’s receiving.  Ben has done it again while delivering a great performance along with Alan Arkin, John Goodman, and Bryan Cranston.  Honestly I couldn’t get enough of Arkin and Goodman, and I am now hoping that Ben, or any director will actually make the fake movie Argo into a reality.  Maybe it’s because I’m from Fargo and Argo is one letter shy of this great place but I can’t get enough of this movie.  We all (most of us) know what’s going to happen and still it keeps you on the edge of your seat and biting your nails.  Congratulations to Ben and the rest of the cast, and good luck during awards season.

Enjoy the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment