Wednesday, January 2, 2013

JACK REACHER



So it’s not doing well at the box office and that’s a shame because this is a great movie.  I get that the die hard Lee Child fans are upset that the character isn’t 6’5”, 250 pounds with a 50 inch chest as he is written in the books, but tell me this, what actor is this big? Exactly!! Tom Cruise is the perfect choice for this character and he absolutely nailed it.  The book is fantastic, and the movie as usual, is modified to make a story for the big screen.  Who is going to make a movie out of a 300-page script? In a way I wish they would have because the book is so good, but reflecting on the movie it was done well and should be doing better at the box office.  This is more of a crime thriller that keeps you guessing, not a fast paced action movie as a lot of the advertising leads you to believe.  Go into this movie ready to see a mystery movie and you are going to enjoy it, I guarantee it.  As I watched the movie I noticed the music overs were minimum, which was fun, plus getting to hear a 350 hp SS Chevelle engine roaring over the theater speakers during the chase scene is music to my ears.  Duvall and Cruise appear to be having a lot of fun in this movie and I’m willing to bet they actually did.   Werner Herzog delivers an as always engrossing performance as a disfigured character that is tough as hell and someone you do not cross.  I give it 8 punches to the groin out of 10.  “Do you think I’m a hero? I am not a hero.”
Enjoy the show

No comments:

Post a Comment