Wednesday, January 9, 2013

People Like Us



I needed a movie for my holiday plane ride and I decided on People Like Us, a movie I should’ve seen when it came out last year but I never made it.  After watching it I’m very upset with myself for not seeing this picture when it was released in theaters.
While settling his recently deceased father's estate, a salesman (Chris Pine) discovers he has a sister (Elizabeth Banks) whom he never knew about, leading both siblings to re-examine their perceptions about family and life choices.

Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, Michael Hall D’Addario, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Olivia Wilde.   My opinion is that it’s Chris Pines best acting job to date, until this, I thought his best work was Smokin’ Aces.  Michelle Pfeiffer, perfect as always and still as beautiful as ever.  Olivia Wilde delivers a well-played performance as Chris’ girlfriend and looks stunning with minimal makeup.  Elizabeth Banks plays Michael Hall D’Addario’s Mother, who is dealing with life as a single Mom and raising a too smart for his own good juvenile delinquent. 

This movie will take you on a ride of emotions and keep you entertained from start to finish.  If you’re into tears, smiles, laughter, love, forgiveness and an all out touching film, this is a can’t miss.  It’s too bad this low budget; high performance film didn’t get the recognition it deserves.

5 tears out of 5

Enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment