Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Good Day To Die Hard



John McClane travels to Russia to help out his seemingly wayward son, Jack, only to discover that Jack is a CIA operative working to prevent a nuclear-weapons heist, causing the father and son to team up against underworld forces.

So it’s my hope that they keep this franchise going as long as possible.  I’ll admit that the first is the best in the franchise but that’s usually true of them all.  This movie wastes no time getting into the action and keeps the pedal to the metal the entire film.  There was actually a moment while watching the movie that I had to stop and think about what the plot was, but I didn’t really care, the destruction and action was insane so it more than made up for me forgetting why in the hell this was all happening.  Hey, it’s action, that’s what we want, or at least I do.  When you see this movie, keep an eye out for all the Mercedes cars that are in it, and how it’s the BMW’s that get obliterated, product placement has its privileges. 

Bruce proves again that he isn’t too old to keep kicking ass and that we all love that Yippee Ki-Yay moment.  This movie may have been a little short on story but it’s a fun ride.  My only complaint is with the two families that brought their 4-year-old children to this movie.  Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned but that is way to fucking young to see a movie like this.  Check this movie out if you are an action lover, it doesn’t even need a story the creative action moments make up for everything. 

Enjoy the show

No comments:

Post a Comment