Friday, January 8, 2016

CREED


The former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa serves as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Johnson, the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed.

I know I am behind on my posts and I apologize but I will do my best to get up what I can before awards season is into high gear.  Here we are with one of the greatest movie franchises ever, and one that I thought ended well with Rocky Balboa.  Guess what? That was 10 years ago and it was time to add on to the franchise.  Some people had their doubts about this movie, but to put it in the hands of director Ryan Coogler, well, you knew it would turn out well.  This movie is such a throw back in a way that it reminded me a little of Spectre in terms of how the story was told.  There are little throwbacks that really get you excited about Rocky and get you thinking of all the movies that came before.  Sylvester Stallone gives in my opinion one of if not the best performance of his career and Michael B. Jordan is a great choice to play Apollo Creeds son.  The feel of the movie takes a lot of the same paths that the original did but in an updated way that keeps it fresh and doesn’t feel like a remake.  The fight scenes are incredible, especially in the final fight with plenty of action to make you feel like it’s the war in Rocky IV all over again.  The pacing is great and doesn’t drag the fights out so you get bored and want to run pee.  I also felt some of Rocky III in the final fight scene, which was written perfectly just like Rocky III.  I highly recommend this movie to everyone, it’s all the Rocky films rolled into one so it is easy to please fans no matter which is their favorite of the franchise. 

1 Oscar Nomination 

Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Sylvester Stallone


12 out of 12 rounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment