Friday, January 8, 2016

Daddy's Home


Stepdad, Brad Whitaker, is a radio host trying to get his stepchildren to love him and call him Dad. But his plans turn upside down when the biological father, Dusty Mayron, returns.

Finally!!! Will Ferrell has come back to great comedy!! (Shout out to The Rock)  This was my annual Christmas Day movie with relatives and I have to say I am so happy that we chose this movie because it was such a surprise how funny it was.  Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are a couple of my favorite actors but to put them in a movie like this could be a long shot.  Guess what? That’s why they put people like them in movies together.  We have comedy coming from so many different angles that it works so well together.  Sure we have seen some of the gags in this movie before but they are done in a fresh new way that made them hilarious.  The movie has grossed over 100 million already so that tells you people like it.  If it weren’t funny it would be hovering around the 25 million mark.  When I mention comedy comes at you from different angles I mean Thomas Hayden Church, and Hannibal Buress turn their turrets on you and unload with some heavy firepower that we have been missing in comedies.  The coverage of jokes in this movie is so vast that it is hard to find people, things, and places that didn’t get used as a joke.  Trust me you are going to enjoy this movie and all the Father’s are going to look differently upon Father, Daughter dances.  One thing I will say is this.  Dwayne Johnson instead of John Cena.  What’s interesting about that comment is that I heard a great number of people also say this.  Get ready to spill the popcorn and shoot soda out your nose with this movie. 


5 out of 5 Ford Edges

No comments:

Post a Comment