Friday, January 8, 2016

STAR WARS The Force Awakens


 Three decades after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, a new threat arises. The First Order attempts to rule the galaxy and only a ragtag group of heroes can stop them, along with the help of the Resistance.

Do I need to even say anything about this movie?  I am almost certain that everyone knew this was going to be a fantastic movie, and if you didn’t enjoy it, you must be one heck of a Star Wars nerd who didn’t like a certain story line.  By now the only thing I think J.J. Abrams can’t do is walk on water, and I would not bet that he couldn’t.  J.J. is to directing what Dwayne Johnson has been to movies the last 5 years, whatever he touches, it turns to green, and lots of it.  Last time I checked it was past Avatar to become the highest grossing film of all time and it had yet to open in China!  I love Star Wars but I’m not deep into it like I am James Bond but this was still a great movie that anyone can follow and if you know a little history of the new characters you will be leaving the theater like everyone else.  Scratching your head to figure out who belongs where on the game board, which is amazing.  The story can go so many ways and if you follow all the fan boy sites you will know what the biggest mystery is and how much fun it is watching theories roll out.  If you are thinking that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher have no place in this film, think again, because you are very wrong.  J.J. is a master story teller and he proves yet again why he is the next coming of Spielberg, and Lucas, yes I said it, tell me I’m wrong, you can’t.  The blend of action, comedy, drama, new ships, and droids is brilliant and after seeing this movie you’ll know what everyone wants their very own BB-8.  Take the kids and start a new adventure with them that will last for years to come, according to the release dates of all the new Star Wars movies and stand alone movies to follow.


5 out of 5 light sabers.    

No comments:

Post a Comment